Saturday, March 10, 2012

Those who remind me of me

Soul searching has always been a hard part for me. I don't like mirrors because they show me EXACTLY who I am. It's so easy to play the mirror for everyone else, but when it comes to correcting myself, I do what many people do. I lie. I cover the flaw with something subtle or something to divert attention. I've been in a raw state lately. Being brutally honest with myself. It's not pretty, but it is necessary. Reflection is a funny word. It's the portrayal of ones self. I didn't like what I saw when I went back in time in my mind to a very juvenile me. This is one of my demons in the mirror.

Enjoy.


Don't be Me. Be You

______by_Vs3_________


Cease and Desist

Don't be surprised if I snatch that extra piece of pizza off your plate and tell you that you don't need it/

And when you look at me with those brown eyes that could kill a weaker heart, I'll tell you that it feels like your starving,i know, but trust me, you don't want to eat it/

I know what youre doing.

You feed your face to choke the words that you wish to say,/

But have no strength to because youre so full of empty calories that theres no room to breathe to say/

"I'm full"- You feel worth less than the last breath you took, because it still feels like youre sucking crisco thru a straw/

caught up in fear of punishment for being you, out loud/

You turn up the music and the soda, a sorrow binge to mute the sounds/

Of the teasing kids who make fun of your poetry/

Id stop you before you broke all your pencils, thinking "words are stupid" or so it now seems/

That sports are what men do, books are for burning, rip up the flowers that the alphabet form on your pages in ink/

It's a slope from this point, you'll trick your mind to think/

That the only words worth forming are cut downs and insults. No bet./

Quick on your wit, destructive with language, shooting lyrical bullets, a dance you know the words, music and moves too, no sweat./

STOP! Just stop. Words can kill. I would stop you before you found that  out at 17/

Tears falling are what form when words make souls bleed./

She never wakes up, because the words that you spoke/

Were like every single pill that she forced down her throat/

"Ugly" and "skank" everyday for a month is what you called her among others/

And you still have the nerve to go to the funeral to pay "respects" to her sisters, father, brothers and mother/

I would snatch you by the lower jaw reach thru your heart and rip your words from your diaphragm, deflating both your lungs./

To form words you need breath, and you don't need your heart if you continue this way,I was you once, I'm who you become./

Your demons will chase you waiting for you to fail soon/

You become addicted to pain, you melt parts of your soul in a spoon/

Over fear's open flame, and take the syringe of self pity/

And inject it into your veins, tracks on your arm that you think you wear proudly/

Feeling sorry for yourself because you think your deserted/

Dont be who you think everybody wants to see, and you won't become me. And there you have it, crisis averted/

To the boys who remind me the most of me/

Don't fold to the pressure. There is a bigger picture. Trust me, you'll see/


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment