Monday, February 27, 2012

Whats on my mind? Are you sure you want to know?

Haven't been able to sleep well lately, and my mind has been flooded with the past. Maybe too much Adele. Maybe I'm at a point in my life where skeletons need to be dealt with. Thats the problem with keeping them in the closet. When you open the door to hide a new one, the current occupants of the proverbial closet are frozen in their dead gaze. Staring and Starting toward the doorway. Hoping for freedom. Gasping for air.

(i know what thats like)


Whats on my mind...Vs3


If I could... I would dig out the memories I have of you, embedded in my brain with a scalpel/

I would cry until my tear ducts dried up and hemorhaged into bleeding tears, just to keep my eyes lubricated/

You asked how far I would go for you, but while I was gone to prove my love, you proved me right, I knew you didn't love me/

I knew it, but I never said anything because the kisses felt right, and you called me "Baby"/

Do you remember this? This place? The last time we were here there were candles, and I gave you a part of me that I never asked you to return/

Well, now I'm back here, without you, no light, and all I wish for now is that stupid piece that I gave you so I can cook it and burn/

It, and destroy it because I'm already hollow without it/

Here I am, trying to find a part of me, lost so long ago that if it stabbed me in what was left of my heart I wouldnt recognize it/

Instead, I'm ripping out every part of you from my mind at the roots, and its not even hurting you/

I'm the one dealing with the pain of you leaving, and still wondering, what did feigning love gain you?/

You were all I ever wanted, the last time I ever wanted to say "i love you"/

I treated you like the last bit of oxygen in my throat, while drowning, trying to hold on to you as long as I could, too/

But no. instead of just dying, you stay immortalized in my pen and notes/

My mind begins to bleed and constricts my throat/

You asked me what was wrong, and thats fair, so I'll tell you/

My words leave kisses on my lips as they stutter and stumble out of my mouth/

my mind stays on fire, burning memories of my love for you, and I'll probably never be able to put it out.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment